Honors in English
Requirements: 12 total hours
- Three semester hours of HSS 490 (Honors Thesis)
Nine semester hours from any of the following options: (at least 6 hours must be completed in the English Department)
- Any 500-level course in English
- Any Contract Honors course in English at the 300 level or above
- ENG 493 (Honors Work-independent study)
- ENG 494 (Honors Seminar)
- Any Honors courses, whether in English or not (maximum of 3 hours outside of English Department)
- A grade of at least B in all course work used to satisfy the Honors requirement in English
- A declared English Major
- At least a 3.30 overall GPA
The designation “Completed Disciplinary Honors in English” and the title of the Senior Honors Project will be printed on the student’s official transcript.
Contact Dr. Karen Weyler for further information and guidance about Honors in English.