Office: MHRA 3308
M.F.A. University of Virginia-1988
B.A. University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill-1984
Mr. Parker teaches courses in creative writing and literature on both the graduate and undergraduate level.
- Everything, Then and Since. Bull City Press, 2017.
- All I Have in This World. Chapel Hill: Algonquin Books, 2014.
- The Watery Part of the World. Chapel Hill: Algonquin Books, 2011.
- Don’t Make Me Stop Now. Chapel Hill: Algonquin Books, 2007.
- If You Want Me To Stay. Chapel Hill: Algonquin Books, 2005.
- Virginia Lovers. Harrison: Delphinium, 2004.
- Towns Without Rivers. New York: HarperCollins, 2001.
- The Geographical Cure. New York: Scribner’s, 1994.
- Hello Down There. New York: Scribner’s, 1993.
Awards and Honors
- North Carolina Award for Literature, 2006.
- Hobson Award in Arts and Letters, 2005.
- Fellowship from the North Carolina Arts Council, 2004.
- Fellowship from the National Endowment for the Arts, 2004.
- Sir Walter Raleigh Award for Fiction, for The Geographical Cure, 1994.
- Finalist for the PEN/Hemingway prize, for Hello Down There, 1993
NC Bookwatch featuring Michael Parker