Cindy Damm McPeters
Office: MHRA 3313
- Fifth-year PhD student studying Rhetoric & Composition, Restoration and
Eighteenth Century British literature
- MA, English; grad certificate, Rhetoric & Composition; Appalachian State
- MA, Liberal Studies; post-bacc certificate, Global Studies; UNCG
BA, English, journalism; East Carolina University
Current research interests:
- The personal and material rhetorics of women veterans of WWII, public and
Selected conference presentations and invited lectures:
- “Combatting the Commonplace of the Military Veteran as Male: Reading Identity
in the World War II Diaries of Women Veterans,” accepted, 2020 Conference on
College Composition and Communication, Milwaukee, WI, March 2020.
- “Private Rhetoric and Public Memory: The DIY Activism of Esther Gilbert’s
WWII Scrapbook,” 2019 Feminisms and Rhetorics Conference: DIY Feminist
Activism, Harrisonburg, VA, November 2019.
- “Agatha Christie and Feminism,” invited talk, Triad Stage, Greensboro, NC,
- “Reclaiming Gossip as Good: Miss Marple and Alternative Discourse,” English
Graduate Student Association 10 th Annual Interdisciplinary Conference,
Greensboro, NC, February 2018.
- “Holy Visions, Earthly Words: A Rhetorical Analysis of Selected Letters of
Hildegard of Bingen,” Southeastern Medieval Association Annual Conference,
Charleston, SC, November 2017.
- “The Center Will Swipe: Creating Interactive Resources for the Multimodal
Online Writing Lab,” roundtable with Amy Hansen and Kylee Neal, Southeastern
Writing Center Association Conference, Oxford, MS, February 2017.
- “Sex Games: Marital Power Struggles in The Wife of Bath’s Prologue and Tale,”
Southeastern Medieval Association Annual Conference, Knoxville, TN, November